You all might know that I have several travel bucket lists which I want to fulfil in this lifetime. And having Indian ethnicity, it would be a spray if I think of the world before gaining the internal, spiritual experience which India can offer.
Again, why to think out of the box when you still have the whole box to explore.
So here is my Indian travel bucket list. I’ve had things jotted down the states I have visited, the things I want to do before turning 30, things for which I need to jump out of the nest, so why not give a post bit of respect to the travel desires that can be fulfilled in India only where people come from so so far. As I do things I’ll link them on here so you can see and find some inspiration to this kind of stuff.
Ride the slow local in Mumbai. Feel the wind full of peace in God’s own country. Feel the monsoon droplets in Goa.
- Eat scrumptious Tibetan food like street momo’s in Dharamsala.
- Trek through the tea fields of Darjeeling or Munnar.
- Wander through the Temples of Khajuraho, also known as the kama sutra temples.
- Stay at the Oberoi and have a butler pour me tea while I look out my window at the Taj Mahal. One can dream, right?
- Go to a trance party in Goa
- Spend time in the famous “pink city” of Jaipur.
- Trek through Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh.
- Take a day trip to the Allora and Ajanta caves from Pune. Still can’t believe I haven’t taken the time to do this.
- Go to Kumbh Mela once.
- Go to Sikkim. Far up north, it has a mountain peak that you can see the top of Mt. Everest from and is very different from India with some Far East Asia inspiration.
- Go white water rafting. You can do this in Rishikesh and Goa for sure.
- Plan to meet the Dalai Lama and learn from him in McLeod Ganj where him and other Tibetan people are taking refuge. He has public classes where he’ll discuss meditation, life, and love.
- Take in the views of the boulders in Hampi.
- Have lunch at the golden temple in Amritsar.
- See the Wacky Wagah border (the Indian-Pakistan border) where a show is put on.
- See the last remaining Indian one-horned rhinos which are going extinct if we don’t do more to protect them. They are in Kaziranga National Park in Assam.
- Take a boat ride around the lake palace in Udaipur. The Palace “floats” in the city that is called the “Venice of India”
Take a horse ride on the hill.
- Take the trip through the Rohtang pass from Manali to Leh to see the valleys and views that made Rudyard Kipling say “Surely the gods live here. This is no place for man”.
Go to KanyaKumari and look out at the most southern tip of India where 3 seas meet. What a holy place!
- Go to the Taj Mahal at sunset and get that “perfect” photo… then bolt before the crowds come!
- Look out at the breathtaking “blue city” of Jodhpur From the top of Mehrangarh Fort
- Ride a yak in the Himalayas.
Feel the chill in Gangas.
Even today I actually can’t believe that I live in this amazing magical country with so much to offer! What would you add to this India travel bucket list? I’ll be editing it as the months go by, for feel free to send me some ideas. I know there are hundreds more out there & can’t wait to hear what you think of these bucket list ideas.
Where do YOU want to go in India?